Want to keep your workplace safe and secure? We can help! Read on to learn about common causes of slips, trips, and falls.
Slips, trips, and falls are some of the most common accidents that can lead to injuries in the workplace. They also lead to millions of emergency room visits each year!
Are you worried about these accidents happening in your office? If so, keep reading.
Listed below are some of the most well-known causes of slips, trips, and falls. You'll also find information on steps you can take to prevent these accidents from happening.
Common Causes of Slips, Trips, and Falls
There are a lot of different issues that can increase the risk of slips, trips, and falls in the workplace. The following are some of the most common causes:
- Poor lighting
- Loose/improperly stored cables and cords
- Uneven or damaged floors
- Unsecured rugs/carpeting
- Spills that aren't cleaned up promptly
- Poor housekeeping (items left out in the open instead of being put away)
- Lack of safety rails and other fall protection systems for rooftops and high-up areas
A person's state of mind or state of being can also increase their risk of slipping, tripping, or falling. For example, if they are frustrated, stressed, or distracted, their risk goes up. The same is true of people who are not wearing proper footwear in the workplace.
Slip, Trip, and Fall Prevention
A lot can contribute to slips, trips, and falls, but there's also a lot you can do to prevent them from occurring. Here are some of the most effective strategies for preventing slips, trips, and falls at work:
- Replace lightbulbs at regular intervals to prevent poor lighting situations
- Make sure cables and cords are put away, rolled up, and/or do not extend across the room
- Fix damaged floors as soon as possible
- Put up signs to make people aware of the damage and potential tripping hazards
- Secure rugs and carpeting to the floor
- Clean up spills right away
- Put up signs to make people aware of spills or wet floors
- Provide instruction on proper footwear/attire for the workplace
- Install fall protection systems for rooftops
It's also important to have official housekeeping (or, in this case, office-keeping) protocols in place. Have a set of rules that all employees must abide by.
Taking the time to do this helps you to prevent spills that could cause slips. It also helps you to ensure items are put away in their proper place and not left out for people to accidentally trip over.
Safeguard Your Workers Against Accidents Today
You now know more about what causes slips, trips, and falls, as well as how you can prevent these accidents from happening. With this information in mind, it's time to take action.
As a business owner, it's up to you to make your workplace a safe place for all of your employees.
In addition, if you’ve been injured in a slip, trip and fall, it is recommended to keep in touch with NJ slip and fall lawyer attorneys for legal representation. Your attorney is a great negotiator who can deal with your insurance company to ensure that you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Do you want to learn more about making buildings safe and reducing accident risk from a design perspective? If so, keep reading our blog!
This article is a source of inspiration, I recommend it. I also want to
share how I lost weight fast and healthy, can help someone: https://reviewer.click/proven-review/
Thanks and keep it up!