Buying a watch today can be a perplexing experience. Not only are there so many timepieces to choose from, there are many types of watches with prices ranging from a dollar to the price of a Tesla. So which to buy? The flashy, blingy watch? The chrome digital “old school” watch? The complex gadget watch? To help the beginner and experienced watch customer, Urban Splatter cuts through the bs with our introductory buyer’s guide to modern watches. Read below to see the watch engineers need.
Personally, Rolex Watches are my favorite.
Watches are critical for designers that run busy lives and have time sensitive meetings with executives. As an architect I can recommend the following fashionable pieces of design.
The watch is thin but full sized. The indiglo backlight works well. Time is kept exactly. The band is modest but neat.
- Silver-tone 18mm stainless steel expansion band fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Black dial with day & date window at 3 o’clock; full Arabic numerals
- Silver-tone 36mm brass case with mineral glass crystal
- Indiglo light-up watch dial
- Water resistant to 30m (100ft): in general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming or bathing
This classic watch matches with anything slightly business casual. The dark blue background nicely contrasts with the hours.
- Precise 21 Jewel Japanese Automatic movement
- Hardlex crystal; Brushed and polished stainless steel case and bracelet
- Day function in english and spanish; Date function
- Blue dial with silver tone hands and hour markers; yellow sweeping second hand; Luminous; Exhibition case back
- Water-resistant to 99 feet (30 M)
This stylish automatic watch by Seiko features a clean and simple timepiece. Subsequently, this is a perfect watch for everyday wear.
Hidden behind the Seiko Men’s Automatic Stainless Steel Watch’s classic analog design are high-tech progressive elements like a day and date function in two languages (English and Spanish) and precise 21-jewel Japanese automatic movement, a feature that means this watch never needs batteries or winding; it is powered automatically by the movement of your arm. Time of day is displayed on a blue analog dial that showcases luminous silver-toned hands and luminous silver-toned baton hour markers. The dial also features a day and date window at the three o’clock position, and is protected by a Hardlex crystal and backed by a stainless steel case. Keeping all of this securely on your wrist is a stainless steel link bracelet that closes with a double-push-button fold-over safety clasp. Other features include a custom crown at the four o’clock position and water-resistance to 99 feet (30 meters). This is a perfect watch engineers need.
- Water Resistant, EL Backlight, Daily Alarm
- 1/100 second digital stopwatch Measuring capacity: 23’59.99″ Measuring modes: Net time, split time, 1st-2nd place times, Hourly Time Signal, Auto Calendar
- Accuracy: +/-30 seconds per month, Battery CR2016, Approx. battery life: 7 years
- Module 1275
- Size of case / total weight: 37.5 x 33.5 x 9.5mm / 58g
Simple, yet elegant watch face and nice metal band. The watch has some heft and feels substantial. It’s certainly a refined watch. Everyone says the size of the face is also nice.
- Featuring a classic, minimalist style, this watch has a 45MM diameter, 9MM thick case; movement is battery-powered 3-hand Miyota Quartz with date
- Strap is tan and constructed with 100% genuine leather; it’s also easily interchangeable should you feel like exploring different strap styles
- The silver case is made from durable brushed stainless steel, and hardened mineral crystal provides the glass with enhanced durability; silver hands and markers and a black second hand complement a white dial
- This watch is both stylish and durable, with weatherproofing up to 3 ATM/30 Meters; the watch is suitable for carefree daily use, but it should not be submerged in water
- Designed in the USA at MVMT’s Los Angeles headquarters; we’re confident you’ll love our watches, so we offer a two-year guarantee on everything we make
- This is a perfect watch engineers will love.
Nordgreen Native Scandinavian Silver Analog Watch with Leather or Mesh Interchangeable Straps
Casio F91W-1 Classic Resin Strap Digital Sport Watch: A watch engineers need
- Luminous rectangular dial with alarm and stopwatch
- 33 mm case
- Quartz movement with digital display
- Three-link bracelet with fold-over clasp closure. LED light
- Water resistant. Withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming.
- Lastly, accuracy: ±30 seconds per month
Amazing price. Reliable watch with invaluable date as well as time and alarm. No other confusing bells and whistles.
Timex Unisex Weekender 38mm Watch
Are you ready for the weekend? This is the perfect watch when you just feel like being yourself. Lastly, a textured play on our classic Weekender collection gives you fun options to customize your straps depending on your outfit or mood.
- Adjustable olive green 20 millimeter nylon slip-thru strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference. The case finish is polished
- Cream dial with full Arabic numerals; 24-hour military time
- Silver-tone 38 millimeter brass case with mineral glass crystal
- Indiglo light-up watch dial
- Water resistant to 30 meter (100 feet): In general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming or bathing
Overall Thoughts: Watch Engineers
You can not go wrong with any of the reputable watches in this guide. Lastly, Feel free to discuss your favorite watches in the comments below!