In the options available in the market today, it is strenuous to find the right hardwood flooring for your home needs and locate the proper hardwood flooring manufacturer to bring your remodeling ideas to life.
The hardwood flooring industry marketed at $3bn is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years. With more housing projects and versatility in wood flooring, the industry is expected to have increased sales and production from either new or remodeling projects.
So, where do you start when considering hardwood flooring?
Before considering replacing flooring, there are a few things that must be taken into consideration:
Does your lifestyle suit the flooring options you are willing to consider? Are you a spiller or instant wiper? Acknowledging your lifestyle enables you to identify the right flooring for you.
Hardwood flooring is
Does the flooring type match your current or intended home décor style? This will help in making the conscious decisions of choosing the right flooring.
Types of hardwood flooring
With the new engineered hardwood flooring techniques available in the market, it is becoming increasingly hard to identify the best flooring type. However, engineered hardwood does not offer maximum longevity as hardwood flooring due to the thin layer of hardwood bonded over the board. This makes them difficult to repair than hardwood flooring despite their affordable prices.
Solid hardwood flooring consists of homogenous hardwood, which includes the entire structure. This is the most common type of hardwood flooring constructed from solid wood pieces depending on individual preference, which gives it a natural look. Despite its attractive aesthetic appearance, solid hardwood is best used in living rooms, bedrooms, and stairways.
- Engineering hardwood flooring
Unlike solid hardwood, engineered hardwood consists of several wood layers pressed together and solid hardwood positions on top and below these layers. This construction makes it durable and not susceptible to damage, as the solid hardwood on top can expand and contract without affecting its general outlook.
Hardwood flooring manufacturers
After identifying your type of design and budget comes the art of selecting the right manufacturer for your business. Choosing a suitable manufacturer offer longevity and assures a professional and finished look.
A good hardwood flooring manufacturer should be able to advise on the following:
- Quality of floor material
This is the most critical aspect of hardwood flooring, as the quality of material used overall affects the final result.
- Selecting the right hardwood flooring wood species is vital in identifying the look and feel the flooring will have. The unlimited variety of species available from cherry, walnut, oak, maple, or ash provide different finishes and colors depending on preference.
- The hardwood flooring's layer thickness determines whether the hardwood will be resistant to surface wear and tear over time. A thick top layer in engineered hardwood is much preferred. However, this is dependent on the budget. Therefore, a credible hardwood flooring manufacturer will advise on the right amount of thickness required, depending on the room.
- The length of the boards also determines the quality factor of the flooring. Choosing the length of the board will help in achieving a specific aesthetic and uniform look. Therefore, the hardwood flooring manufacturer will advise on the best size depending on the budget and room size.
- The resistant capability will determine the durability of the flooring. For instance, cherry maintains dimensional stability but deteriorates after direct sun exposure, unlike walnut, which is highly resistant to light damage. Ash and birch handle stains well, while pine needs attention to care due to its softness.
- Freight costs
Most manufacturers offer special free shipping deals for users after making an order. This limits the need for additional freight costs and deciding to pick up the flooring individually. The ability to return different flooring should also be considered, as most manufacturers charge freight costs to ship back the products.
- Budget and costing
Different manufacturers offer customized deals that facilitate the entire flooring job. Focusing on the whole floor rather than square meter costs will save on unexpected expenses in the long run. Also, removing the previous floor has to be considered, and correct jobs that seek to adjust squeaking floors.
Benefits of hardwood flooring
There are several commendable features that hardwood flooring adds to the home that makes it the right option of choice:
Modern and improved hardwood flooring comes stain-resistant and durable. This enables easy care, and the glossy or matte finish gives character and appeal. Even as the hardwood ages, it still looks beautiful and rustic in the home.
Hardwood flooring is aesthetically pleasing and gives the home a warm and natural look. The rich color of the wood provides class and appeal during remodeling.
Hardwood flooring offers a variety due to the many options of color, texture, and style available.
Choosing a hardwood flooring manufacturer
Be it solid or engineered hardwood flooring. It is essential to choose wider planks that offer considerable thickness or width for durability. This also enables for resurfacing after some years without having to replace the entire floor. It is essential to insist on quality before and during the installation process.
Professional and credible hardwood flooring manufacturers are hard to come by. Therefore, it is crucial to conduct due diligence in researching before settling on one specific manufacturer.
Finding the right professional to conduct a site visit to the home and guide on the best course of action is advisable when considering hardwood flooring.
It is essential to check for certification to determine whether the flooring is suitable for use. For instance, vinyl hardwood flooring requires certification to ascertain that the substances used are not linked to health and pollution.
It is possible to save and get discounted prices through manufacturers who sell below the recommended list price. Alternatively, one can save by manipulating damaged floors by installing them in ways that they can’t be noticed.