Ontario Canada is a popular destination among both domestic and international travelers. Every year several visitors come here to experience the magnificent beauty of nature.
Enthusiast travelers are always looking for something new and offbeat places to explore. For them, exploring conventional places is not a good idea at all. They are regularly in search of exploring new things, culture, nature, cuisines, and customs.
As we all know, Ontario is a province and the densest city in Canada. Ontario has several natural landscapes, lakes, and diverse cultures. Ontario gets its name from Lake Ontario which is one of the five great lakes of North America.
In recent years, this place has been explored by many backpackers and travel bloggers. Its picturesque locations, natural and man-made bridges, Rocky Mountains, and four great lakes make it unbeatable places to visit. Also, keep reading for houses for sale in brampton.
Demography of Ontario
Ontario is a beautiful state or province in Canada. It shares its borders with Manitoba in the west, James Bay and Hudson Bay in the north, Quebec in the east, and US states in the south. The 2700 km area of Ontario shares its territory with the United States of America. Ontario province consists of three chief geographical regions; Canadian shield, Hudson Bay Lowlands, and Southern Ontario.
Toronto, Ottawa, Oshawa, London, Hamilton, and Kitchener are the largest population centers in the region.
Popular Freshwater Lakes of Ontario
Ontario is home to several freshwater lakes. Its lakes are globally known as Great lakes. These lakes consist of 20% of the world’s freshwater. The name of some freshwater lakes are: -
- Lake Erie
- Lake Superior
- Lake Huron
- Rainy Lake
- Lake Saint Clair
- Lake Manitou
- Lakes of Woods
- Lac Seul
- Sandy Lake
- Big Trout Lake
Ontario Canada Highlights
- Ontario is one of the thirteen provinces and territories of Canada.
- Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario.
- Ontario is divided into two major regions; Northern and Southern Ontario.
- The northern part of the region experiences harsh winters.
- Ontario has 250000 freshwater lakes.
- Niagara Falls is the central attraction of Ontario.
Places to Visit in Ontario, Canada
Ontario is an ideal destination for all age groups. It has numerous spots that are enough to fulfill your wanderlust. Being an epicenter of great lakes, Ontario is the first choice of trekkers and hikers. Some of the renowned places to explore in Ontario are:-
- Toronto: - Toronto is the capital city of Ontario. It is the largest city in Canada. Among the visitors, Toronto is highly famous for its natural landscapes and great architecture.
- Niagara Fall: - The principal attraction of Ontario is Niagara fall. It is worldwide known for its grandness and marvelous beauty. It is 167 feet long and comes under the list of the world’s top 10 waterfalls.
- CN Tower: - CN Tower is an iconic landmark in the capital city of Ontario and 553.0m long. CN refers to Canadian National. It is the tallest freestanding structure on land for over thirty years.
- Royal Ontario Museum: - It is one of the beautiful creations of engineers. The building of the Museum is a classic. It is situated in Queen Park, Toronto. The Royal Ontario Museum is one of the largest museums in Canada that preserve the art and history of the region.
- Toronto zoo: - Toronto Zoo is spread in 287 hectares of area in Ontario. It is the largest zoo in Canada. Toronto Zoo is classified into seven geographical regions; Africa, Indo-Malaya, Americas, Australasia, Tundra Trek, Canadian domain and, Eurasia.
- Lake Ontario: - Lake Ontario is under the five great lakes of North America. Lake Ontario is surrounded on the west, north, and southwest of Ontario. Niagara River is the source of Lake Ontario. It is not less than a paradise for nature admirers.
- High Park: - High Park holds an immense reputation among voyagers. It is a combination of natural parks and recreation. High Park is known for its exotic cherry blossoms.
- Casa Loma: - Casa Loma is a historic house museum and public landmark. It is a gothic revival-style mansion and garden in midtown, Toronto. Casa Loma is also the perfect spot for a destination wedding.
Activities in Ontario
Ontario is the ultimate destination to enjoy with your family, friends, and solo. You can enjoy numerous activities here,
- With 250000 lakes, Ontario is a brilliant place to enjoy swimming, water rides, and cruise dinner.
- Visitors can also explore the beautiful beaches and metropolis cities of Ontario.
- During the winter session, skating rinks, ski hills, snowmobiling, and winter festivals are the best thing to experience.
- For nature and wildlife lovers, Ontario’s Provincial and National Park is a good option to see the exotic ranges of flora and fauna.
- Canada’s Wonderland is an adventure park with massive rides such as roller coasters and merry-go-round.
- Toronto international film festival is a globally famous event that attracts several megastars across North America.
- Northern Ontario is the perfect place for fishing activities. Various boat cottages give you an unforgettable stay with a meal, guide, and tour.
Nearby Location to Ontario
Best time to visit
Generally, May to September is considered as an ideal time to visit Ontario. Ontario is located on the east or central coast of Canada. Generally, it has four-season; summer, autumn, winter, and spring. According to the statistics, January is the coldest month and, July is the warmest month in Ontario. During September, Ontario encounters the heaviest rainfall.
Winters are extremely harsh in Ontario, Canada. The temperature goes to minus degrees. But if you want to plan to do snow activities then winters are the best time.
How to reach Ontario?
Ontario is a metropolitan city and well connected to the rest of the world. It is a province of the Canadian state. All international flights and airlines landed here such as Air Canada Airlines, Air India, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airlines, and Emirates Airlines. The Canadian State has 14 airports including both international and domestic airports. The nearest airport to Ontario is Cartier International Airport and Toronto Pearson International Airport.
Ontario has the best road transport system. After reaching here, you can either hire a cab/taxi or even can use public transportation to explore the beautiful city of Canada.
Let’s Wrap Up This Discussion
Ontario Canada is the place to explore nature, wildlife, and of course yourself too. The meaning of travel is all about finding yourself. Among all other destinations, Ontario holds a strong reputation just because of its diversity and warm hospitality. This place gives you countless memories and crazy experiences that stick with you for the rest of your life.