Image Credit- https://imagesource.io/images/garage-door-needs-maintenance/
Garage doors can develop a malfunction due to several reasons. However, finding and repairing those issues can be tricky, especially if you are trying to do it yourself. Garage doors are mechanical, and there is a high probability they will require repairing and maintenance at some point. Most homeowners use garage doors more than the front door; therefore, the daily load is bound to affect its smooth operations. Consequently, you should always hire a garage door service company to repair and maintain them efficiently. It will save you time, effort, and money. Following are a couple of signs that indicate your garage door needs repairing or maintenance.
1. Noisy Door:
Several factors can make the garage door noisy. No one likes scratching or a screeching sound, and if garage doors are making them, it's loud and irritating. Therefore, as soon as you hear them, it's best to call a professional to look into the matter. Following are some reasons why your garage door is getting noisy.
- Grating: This is one of the prime reasons why your garage door makes a sound. The coils that control their functions are either bent or broken.
- Loose springs: If the springs are loose in a garage door, they will make a rumbling sound.
- Door panels: You will get a banging sound if the garage door panels are defective.
- Grinding: Garage doors open with the help of rollers and other moving parts. If they are not lubricated properly, the doors will make a sound on opening and closing.
- Balance: If there are issues with the door's balance, it will make a squealing sound.
- Rattling: If the chains and support rails are broken or worn out, they will make a rattling sound.
- Horsepower: Garage doors are mechanical and need horsepower to open and shut. If the power is insufficient or the garage door is faulty, it will make a straining sound.
If the sounds get louder, then there is a chance the door might fall off and injure someone. Therefore, don't take a chance and repair it immediately.
2. Slow Function:
Suppose a garage door takes time to open and close, then it's time to repair or replace it. The slow function is down for several reasons, but pinpointing one is tricky. One of the leading factors can be old age. Garage doors are durable and come with long life; however, daily usage wears them out. Another factor can be insufficient power; over time, the machine loses its strength and needs repairs to function correctly. Other factors may include lubrication issues, broken parts, or loose springs.
3. Off Track:
The garage door works properly when it rolls perfectly over its tracks. Rollers in those tracks help it to open and shut smoothly. However, when the garage doors become old, there is a chance that the doors will come off their tracks. If it happens then, only a professional can help repair these rollers.
Garage doors need regular repairing and maintenance for proper functioning. If left unattended, the problem can compound and become dangerous. Call an expert when you see the signs mentioned above.