The desire to make your home more comfortable and transform it does not depend on where a person lives. And in a dorm room, this is a chance to start an independent life. After all, you see, it’s so great when at any time you have a beautiful and cozy place.
It is a well-known fact that in an unpleasant environment, a person’s productivity and mental activity decrease, the mood also drops, and depression may even begin. Therefore, what surrounds you is important, especially if this is the room in which you live. Such a state of the student has a negative impact on the learning process. But when you do start to change something in your room, professional writers can help you with your studies, from whom you can buy essay and not worry about deadlines.
So, if you do a minor repair and allocate functional areas, each of the inhabitants will be able to feel comfortable, and how unique, original and comfortable the room will be, it depends only on you.
Another secret is that when a person has done something personally, he will treat it with much greater care.
Some helpful tips
- To begin, make a minor cosmetic improvement: refresh the wallpaper and repaint the floor. Light wallpaper will visually expand the room, and a contrasting strip of wallpaper in a different hue will liven up the walls.
- Analyze the arrangement of furniture: a simple rearrangement can make the room much more comfortable, but remember to take into account the preferences and tastes of all its inhabitants. Even in a tiny space, you may divide the rest zone from the working zone with a curtain or screen.
- Window decoration is important: a bare window looks very uncomfortable, and neat curtains will give you comfort and protect you from the sun’s rays.
- To store things in the room, you can hang a few shelves or cabinets. On the shelves place only frequently used items, all other things are better stored in cabinets or on the mezzanine storey, otherwise, the room will look like a warehouse.
- Light plays an important role in the visual perception of a room. Energy-saving lamps should provide comfortable lighting throughout the room, but desk lamps are also needed so that you don’t disturb other roommates in the evening if you stay up late.
- Beds covered with beautiful bedspreads or blankets should always be neatly tucked in, as this plays an important role in the interior of the room.
- Cabinets or nightstands can be covered with beautiful wallpaper or self-adhesive tape. Tables and doors can also be updated in the same way.
- Try to get rid of unnecessary items as much as possible: minimalism in a small space is only beneficial.
- Decorative greenery in pots creates a sense of permanence and coziness, making it especially close to the person.
- Mandatory weekly cleaning and daily one-time sweeping of the floor, compliance with the schedule of duty in the room, cleanliness of the residents are also important aspects of coziness.
As you can see, it doesn’t take much effort to completely transform your dorm room. Put order in the place where you live, and you will feel more relaxed, and then in the evening when you come home from college or university, you will be happy to say: “I am so glad I’m home”.