If you are completing a new build, or have had enough of the wilderness in your backyard, outdoor living space design will occupy your thoughts. Some homeowners look for grand features to impress, while others are more into creating an area where they can relax in pleasant surroundings and be comfortable.
Here are a few tips to help you create the perfect ambience in your outdoor relaxation area.
- Outdoor Furniture - You can’t afford to make a mistake when buying outdoor furniture. Go to a reputable store where you will find an extensive collection of top-quality suites, barstools, tables and other essentials. Wicker resin is popular and adding colourful cushion covers will certainly make the space cosier. Browse at your leisure and when you find what you’re looking for, head to checkout and your new furniture will be on its way!
- Injection Of Green - Lush tropical evergreens really go with any decor and nature has its own way to transform any setting. Plant climbers to go around support posts and create a climbing wall where you can train the plants to cover the area. Pot plants should occupy any open spaces and make sure the species is suited to the environment, giving shade when needed. There’s something about caring for plants that is calming and relaxing, and if you have yet to import some natural greenery into your terrace, check out your nearest plant nursery and see what they have in stock.
- Invest In A Bali Hut - The ultimate in outdoor relaxation, if you build a concrete base, the supplier can drop the unit onto special pads and you are good to go! Make sure you choose a reputable supplier and that the huts are built the traditional Balinese way, using natural materials.
- Hanging Chairs - A hanging egg chair Australia and other places have popularised is super comfortable, and it takes up zero floor space. It’s great for the kids or when you fancy drifting off to sleep with a gentle rocking motion. If you don’t have the above support, a chair such as this comes complete with attractive frame and once experienced, you will always head for that cosy corner with your favourite novel.
- Timber Decking - Hardwood decking is ideal for hot summers. Invest in good quality seasoned hardwood, have the deck professionally installed, and you have the perfect base. A few rugs would certainly add a touch of cosiness, providing you are under a roof. Keeping things natural will create an appealing ambience and blend with the garden.
- Stock Up With Cushion Covers - If you order some with bright flower prints, a set of smoky grey covers, with a set of white textured for a change, you can alternate when it comes to washing the covers.
- Floor Level Lighting - LED fittings come in many colours and with dimmer switches, your floor level lighting can be finely adjusted to bring a glow to your terrace. The units can be fitted into the decking, or placed around the edge of the deck, behind some greenery for added cosiness.
There are many ways that you can make your outdoor area cosier and we hope the above ideas offer some inspiration that leads to the perfect relaxation area.