Singapore is one of the world’s greatest city-states, home to one of the biggest Southeast Asian economies and known for its prowess in finance, technology and diverse other fields. Needless to say, Singapore attracts business travellers in large numbers every year. While many of these travellers stay for shorter periods in Singapore, i.e. a few days or a week, many of them temporarily settle in the city-state for longer durations, i.e. a few weeks, month, months or even year/years. They require premier accommodation for their stays in this regard. The same is true for leisure travellers and tourists who stay for varying durations in Singapore. The city-state is also one of the world’s most popular tourism hubs, drawing thousands of visitors for its historical, architectural, entertainment and other landmarks.
It goes without saying that serviced apartments are the best options for all travellers, irrespective of the purposes behind their trips. Why is this so? Serviced apartments are homes away from home, offering more privacy, flexibility and convenience than any conventional unit ever could! People can cook their own meals, have friends, family and colleagues over, relax comfortably just as they would at home, and enjoy strategic locations near public transportation facilities, business hubs and tourist landmarks. However, while serviced apartments in Singapore are clearly the best options for travelers, they should be chosen with care.
Serviced apartments in Singapore can be selected on the basis of the following parameters:
- Location- Location matters immensely, especially if you are staying in Singapore for the long haul and need access to nearby business hubs or public transportation facilities. It also matters if you are staying for a shorter duration since you will want to be in the very heart of the action! Hence, while choosing your Singapore serviced apartment, make sure that you choose one in a strategic location, that puts you in close proximity to transport facilities, major roads, nightlife, eateries, shopping centres, tourist attractions and commercial centres galore. Do not choose places which are far away from basic infrastructure and amenities. Some of the best neighborhoods in Singapore include Orchard Road, Changi, Queenstown, East Coast, Sentosa Island, Robertson Quay and more. You can also check out areas like Marina Bay, Clementi, Balestier, Chinatown, Sims Avenue, Jurong, Bukit Timah, Tanjong Pagar, Outram Park and Novena among others. Finding serviced apartments in these localities will help you stay connected to almost everything that you could possibly want!
- Furnishings & Fixtures- This is another aspect that should be carefully considered while choosing any serviced apartment for that matter. Check whether the serviced apartment offers suitable furnishings for the living room, dining area, bedroom and so on. There should be a neat and comfortable bed along with a properly designed kitchen area, sofas or other seating in the living room, a table for dining and of course, all necessary electrical, lighting, water and other fixtures. Bathrooms should have all necessary amenities and fittings. When you are going to make Singapore your home for some time, the serviced apartment should have all the basic fittings and furnishings that you need.
- Appliances- Your Singapore serviced apartment should not only have furnishings but also vital appliances for day-to-day living. These include refrigerators, microwave ovens and other kitchen appliances for helping you whip up healthy and delicious meals on your own. At the same time, you can also look out for televisions and Wi-Fi to cater to your entertainment, connectivity and recreational needs alike. Security features like CCTV surveillance are also welcome. In a similar vein as the earlier point, when you are staying in the city-state and making it your second home, your apartment should be equipped with all the appliances that we simply cannot do without in our daily lives.
- Added Amenities- Many serviced apartments often come with extra amenities (subject to availability within the building of course) including gymnasiums, swimming pools and wellness centres, conference facilities, lawns or terraces, restaurants and cafes and so on. Check whether you have any of these additional amenities. Concierge services are also welcome if they are available. If any serviced apartment comes with these services, then it automatically adds a special dimension to your experience.
- Budget- Of course, your budget will ultimately determine the final decision on your part. The price charged by a serviced apartment should be in sync with what you can afford, depending on the location, duration of your stay and available amenities. Take your time and filter out available options depending upon your budget and then finalize the apartment that you wish to go for.
- Customer Support- Often customers book serviced apartments in various locations and then feel left out, with no one to answer their questions or resolve issues swiftly. However, you should always choose serviced apartments which come with customer service or support provisions. This means that you should be able to call the support team for resolving your queries round the clock. Only book from platforms, brands or provides who offer this facility. It automatically equates to greater peace of mind for the entire length of your stay.
These are the main factors that you should consider while choosing any serviced apartment in Singapore. First, sort the available apartments on the basis of your budget. Once you are done and have a narrowed-down list to choose from, filter these apartments on the basis of their locations. Once you have found your desired budget and location, take a close look at available amenities, furnishings, pictures and soon. Once you have taken stock of these aspects, take your final decision. This is how the process basically works. Patience is always a virtue while booking your serviced apartment.
Now that you have an idea about filtering and choosing the right serviced apartments in Singapore, get your booking done without any further ado! Plan out your Singapore itinerary carefully and in accordance with the travel guidelines issued by the authorities. Book your travel tickets and entry tickets to major landmarks and you will be done! Do not miss the city-state’s eclectic mix of history, natural beauty, culture, tradition, modernity and of course, lip-smacking cuisine! Going shopping in Singapore is also an experience in itself. Here’s to a memorable and heart-warming Singapore trip!