Your house is your castle and foundation repair is a crucial part of keeping it in good condition.
A foundation that needs to be repaired will lead to cracks in the walls, floors and ceilings. These cracks can cause water damage and mold growth within the home which can result in major structural problems for the home. If you aren't prepared for these issues, you could find yourself with a hefty bill when it comes time to replace drywall, flooring or other materials used around your home's foundation.
The best way to avoid this costly problem altogether is by contacting a professional who specializes in repairing foundations when there are early signs of damage such as cracking walls or sinking floors. The sooner they're contacted, the better because this type of repair is not a do-it-yourself job and professionals will recommend sealing the cracks to avoid further damage down the line.
The importance of foundation repair cannot be understated – it's one of those jobs that absolutely must get done right or there is a high risk that you'll find yourself with real structural problems such as water damage later on. The first step in the process? Hiring one of the best foundation companies in your Louisville area. Visit our website for more information on foundation repair services.
How to Hire a Reputable Foundation Repair Company in Louisville
- Do Your Research: See what their reputation is like and what past customers have said. If you find a company poorly reviewed, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Get it in Writing: Ensure the contract is clear and understandable. Make sure you understand what is covered and that the project will be scheduled before work begins. If you don't understand something, ask your foundation repair expert to explain it.
- Get a Warranty: The warranty period should also be clearly stated in the contract so there are no questions later on.
- Get Multiple Quotes: Expect multiple companies to come out and give you an estimate for the job and don't feel obligated to choose the contractor that gives you your lowest estimate.
- Check Out the Company's Credentials: Before hiring a Louisville foundation company, check with your local BBB to see if they have an A+ rating or ask for proof of bond and insurance. If you are unable to find them online do some background research on our contractor file.
- Know What's Included: Some companies offer additional services such as excavation and backfill, which may help speed up your project.
- Be Present: It is recommended that you be at the site while the work is being performed. This way you can ask questions, look around and see how things are done.
Questions to Ask a Foundation Repair Company When Hiring Them
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Can you provide me with a list of multiple references?
- Where have you done foundation repairs in the past 5 years? How many, and how extensive were they?
- Can you guarantee me that I will not have any future issues related to my foundation? If so, for how long?
- How will the repairs be done, and when? Will I need access to my basement during the repairs? How long does it take? What are your emergency repair services in case of a catastrophic event after hours or on weekends?
- Do you have any warranty for your workmanship that is not contingent upon the homeowners paying their next service or maintenance fee?
- What is the cost of your services, and what does it include? Do you require an upfront payment or deposit? If so, how much?
- Does your Louisville foundation company offer financing options to help pay for the repairs? Will I be able to use my home equity line of credit (HELOC) or credit card to finance my repair?
Asking the questions above will help you start your search for the right contractor to get the job done. A good foundation contractor should have experience, licensing and insurance before they are able to begin any work.
Hiring a foundation repair company in Louisville KY is a big decision and one that can have long term consequences for your home. A quick Google search will reveal hundreds of companies in the area willing to take on your project, so how do you pick? While there are many factors at play when hiring a contractor, including an assessment of the general condition of your foundation, the process starts with finding a reputable company that is focused on delivering high quality service.
Why Invest in a Foundation Inspection?
There are many benefits of investing in a foundation inspection. One reason is that it can help you identify any potential problems with your foundation so that you can address them before they become bigger issues. A foundation inspection can also help you understand your home's property value and how much it would cost to repair any damage to the foundation.
Hire the Best Foundation Companies in Louisville with These Tips
In summary, you need to find a contractor that is licensed and insured. You also want someone who has been in business for at least three years because it indicates they have experience with the project. Ask your friends or family if they know of any good contractors as well to help narrow down your search. Finally, be sure to get multiple quotes from various companies so you can compare their prices before making a decision!