If you are planning to sell your house but are not sure how the process will end, you are not the only one. Millions of homeowners sell their properties every day, and while some of them are able to bag the price they want, others are not so lucky. Only when one is working with the right realty franchise can they expect the proper support and platform for their needs.
Have you taken a look at the colors used in the interiors and exteriors of your house? You can certainly sell your property at a higher rate if you choose the right paint colors that leave a positive impact on the buyer and motivate him to purchase the house. The wrong kind of paint color will discourage the buyer from even looking at the property, while some colors become a home's calling card.
There are thousands of shades available for patting a house, and as a homeowner, you should know which are the best paint colors for selling your home. According to leading real estate agents and top interior designers, here are some colors that can add a great punch to the real estate game.
- White or neutral colors for the exteriors – Homebuyers love to see a property covered in white or neutral colors. Choose a neutral paint color that complements your house and its architectural styles well as stands out among the surrounding homes in the neighborhood. Think about white, greige, beige, or taupe for coloring the exteriors.
- Bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen – It is highly recommended to paint the bedrooms and kitchen in the same neutral color and coordinate the interiors as per the color palette. You can either paint the walls of the kitchen, bathrooms and bedroom walls the same shade as the other common areas or add another dimension by using a different shade of the same color.
- Living room, dining room, and hallways- Neutral paint colors are more popular for use in the living room, dining room, and hallways. Apart from beige and white shades, one can explore other neutral shades available in the market.
Some useful tips:
- As a general rule, stick to as few colors as possible for the whole house. It is good to use a single color in the interiors to get that overall cohesive feel.
- You can add different colors for bathrooms, bedrooms, or kitchens to add variety and individuality.
- Maintain a similar undertone that could be cool, neutral, or warm. For e4xample, use more fabulous shades such as blue, green, or violet or warmer shades such as red, orange, or yellow.
- Avoid harsh colors that contrast strongly, such as red and purple or blue and orange. While it is okay to use brighter colors for a children's room but strategically, they do not look attractive to a buyer.
As the bottom line, keep things simple and consistent when selecting paint colors for the interior and exterior of your home. You can certainly make your property more appealing in the real estate market by making the right choices.
Leave a Reply