If you’re like most people, you depend on your furnace to keep your home warm and comfortable during the winter months. But what happens when your furnace starts acting up? How can you tell if it needs a simple repair or complete replacement? Here are eight signs that it might be time to call in heating repair services in Warrenton, VA:
1. Your furnace is more than 15 years old: If your furnace is on the older side, likely, it’s not as energy-efficient as newer models. Replacing old furnaces or heat pumps HVAC in Warrenton, VA can save you money on your energy bills and make your home more comfortable.
2. Your energy bills have gone up: An increase in your energy bills is one of the first signs that your furnace isn’t working as efficiently as it used to. If you’ve noticed a spike in your heating costs, it might be time for a repair or replacement.
3. You hear strange noises coming from your furnace: If you start hearing strange noises coming from your furnace, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Common sounds to watch out for include rattling, squealing, and banging.
4. Your furnace isn’t providing enough heat: One of the most common signs that your furnace needs repair is if it’s not providing enough heat. If you find yourself constantly adjusting the thermostat without any results, it’s time to call a service technician.
5. Some rooms in your house are too hot or too cold: If you notice that some rooms in your house are warmer or cooler than others, it could be a sign of an airflow problem. This is usually caused by dirty air filters or blocked vents.
6. The pilot light keeps going out: If the pilot light on your furnace keeps going out, it’s a sign that there is a problem with the gas line. This is a serious issue that should be addressed by a professional immediately.
7. You see water around your furnace: If you notice any water or moisture around your furnace, it could be a sign of a leak. This is usually caused by a cracked heat exchanger, which is a serious issue that needs to be fixed right away.
8. Your furnace smells strange: If you notice a strange smell coming from your furnace, it could be an indication of a gas leak or another type of problem. If you smell anything unusual, turn off the furnace and call a heating repair service immediately.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, it’s time to call a heating repair service. A qualified technician will be able to diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action.
How Do Heating Repair Services Work?
Most heating repair services offer a comprehensive range of services that can be performed on all types of furnaces. These services include:
- Diagnosing the problem: The first step in any repair is to diagnose the problem. This usually involves a visual inspection as well as some testing.
- Cleaning and tune-ups: Many furnace problems can be avoided with regular cleaning and tune-ups. A qualified technician will be able to clean your furnace and make any necessary adjustments to keep it running properly.
- Repairing or replacing parts: If your furnace needs a new part, a qualified technician will be able to install it correctly. In some cases, it might be necessary to replace the entire furnace.
-Performing safety checks: A qualified technician will also be able to perform a safety check on your furnace. This is important to make sure that there are no potential hazards in your home.
If you think you need heating repair services, the best thing to do is call a qualified technician and schedule an appointment. Most companies offer 24-hour emergency service so you can get the help you need when you need it.
What Is The Cost Of Heating Repair Services?
The cost of heating repair services varies depending on the problem and the company you call. In most cases, you can expect to pay between $100 and $200 for a basic repair. If you need a more complex repair or replacement, the cost will be higher. It’s always a good idea to get multiple quotes before deciding on a company to use.
Fitzhugh Heating & Air offers a wide range of heating repair services. Our team of qualified technicians is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you. Contact Fitzhugh Heating & Air at 540-273-4566 for more information.