Since the onset of the pandemic, almost all businesses have gone digital. The education and training sector is also one of them. These sectors require a Learning Management System (LMS) to operate effectively. Recent research found that almost 83% of the organizations in these two sectors use LMS. It is expected that by 2023, it will become a $23.21 billion industry. Let us know in detail about LMS reporting and analysis today. In this article, we have discussed some critical lms reporting feaures in detail, including the widely used methods, types of reports, and the benefits of using LMS for analysis.
What Is LMS?
The software application enables administering, reporting, and analyzing an organization's course or learning content. Institutions use it for students, and enterprises use it for employee training. Blackboard Learn, Moodle, and Schoology are some of the LMSes used by educational institutions. TalentLMS, Adobe Captive Prime, eFront, and iSpring Learn are some of the LMSes used by enterprises.
What Is LMS Reporting and Analysis?
Suppose a teacher is teaching you something fundamental that you have already learned. Or, let's say your teacher is advancing at a pace you cannot follow. It needs to be reported so the teacher can implement appropriate remedies. It is precisely the function of LMS reporting and analysis.
Users indirectly provide data in the form of time spent on a particular segment, what made them quit, etc. Ultimately, LMS uses this as feedback. It is analyzed and presented to the system's managers as reports. Then the organization can take appropriate measures to improve the efficiency of their courses.
The most popular LMS reporting features of these tools are:
1. It tracks progress as well as the course completion rate.
2. The course's popularity is regularly monitored through various statistics
3. The involvement of students or employees is also kept on the radar.
4. It analyses the test results regularly.
5. The time spent on separate courses is kept on track.
6. It analyzes the student grades and feedback.
7. Reports of the certificates obtained by the students or employees are maintained using this.
What Are the Most Used Methods for Analysis?
1. Web Log Analysis- It identifies the visits to various sections, durations, most viewed pages, etc.
2. Life-Cycle Analysis- It is centered on individuals and covers learners' activities, participation, etc.
3. Learning Progression Analysis- The web metrics-driven analysis analyses the learning results.
What Are The Types Of Reports Provided?
Usually, LMS provides the following three types of reports.
1. The Individual Report- It is a report of each learner. It includes information about the courses or course segments a learner has completed. Also, it shows the time taken in various segments and the learner's performance. It is also available to all the learners to track their progress.
2. The Course Report- It reports the number of learners who have completed a course, the time is taken to complete it, and their evaluations. In short, it provides the overall statistics of a course.
3. System-wide Report- It represents the overall engagement of the learners on the system. It shows the login period of learners on the system, which content they prefer, how much of it is completed by them, etc. It is the most crucial report since the system's capability is represented by it.
What Are The Benefits Of LMS Reporting And Analysis?
The significant benefits of this data-driven AI and ML technology are-
1. It is a reliable repository of training engagement.
2. It generates real-time and transparent reports.
3. Training efficiency is maximized because of regular monitoring and updates.
4. Reports help analyze the system's cost-effectiveness (especially system-wide reports).
Data without analysis is of no use. Therefore, including Reporting and Analysis is necessary for your Learning Management System (LMS). Software that provides data reports and statistics in a way that helps increase efficiency in learning while effectively managing time and course protocols would be beneficial to any organization.