Transparent PVC strip doors or curtains are handy in several places. It is used in industrial spaces, factories, workplaces, storage areas, bathrooms etc., to create a separation between two zones. The transparent PVC curtains are economical, energy-efficient, and are a great way to seal doorways while maintaining an unobstructed sight.
The plastic curtains are available in a range of thickness, size, and width combined with ease of installation. The clear curtains or plastic doors are made from robust and heavy-duty plastic compounds known as PVC. It is perfect for all types of setting as it is temperature resistant, controls humidity, and prevents the inflow of dust or dirt.
Choosing the Right Quality of Plastic Strips
The clear strips can be used as curtains or doors and are available at a low, affordable price. PVC or Polyvinyl chloride is a strong and sturdy material used to manufacture clear and transparent strips. The following strips are used in a range of applications. Here are the factors to look for while purchasing the clear plastic strips:
- Durability – The PVC component is available in different grades, depending on the kind of additive used in its manufacture. The clear strips manufactured using flexible PVC have higher thermal insulators than rigid PVC. Of all the materials, polystyrene has high thermal insulating properties and tends to withstand damage.
- Cleanliness – The ability to clean the plastic PVC curtain depends on the quality of the PVC used in the manufacture. The exposure of low-quality PVC curtains to sunlight creates cracks on the surface, leading to the growth of bacteria and the penetration of germs. High-quality PVC withstands harsh sunlight and is easy to clean. Sponging the surface of the high-quality PVC curtains easily removes the lines and dirt off the surface.
- Visibility – The visibility of the plastic PVC strip depends on the purpose of its intended use. Good quality PVC is translucent and see-through, providing an unobstructed view with minor distortion. However, low-quality and cheaper clear strips are opaque and block visibility. The latter is not energy-efficient if the purpose is to create a shade and filter the light but not darken the space completely.
- The thickness of the material – The strip thickness is another important consideration while purchasing the PVC strip curtain or door. The thickness of .060" is used majorly for personal openings, .080" is designed for light industrial traffic, and anything beyond .120" is considered heavy-duty used for heavy industrial traffic or exterior doors.
Benefits of Installation of PVC Clean Strips in Different Settings
The PVC clear strips are used as curtains or doors to create separation but with a certain degree of visibility. Here are some incredible benefits of the installation of the strip curtains or doors:
- The installation of strip curtains or doors is energy efficient and reduces electricity consumption majorly in temperature-controlled rooms.
- It is a perfect way to control the temperature in spaces like freezer rooms, air-conditioned rooms, cold storage etc. It prevents dust penetration while allowing light to pass through the strips. In industrial spaces, it is used as butcher's doors, bakery doors etc., to create a partition between packaging and operations.
- The flexible PVC strips are most commonly used and offer a range of applications. The clear PVC strip curtains double up as dust control, pest control, and noise isolation installation.
- Good quality PVC curtains or doors helps in maintaining an advanced level of hygiene and separate an internal from the external environment.
Irrespective of the PVC clear strip installation type, it is crucial to choose a product that serves the intended purpose. Hiring professionals for installation and choosing the right material saves time and energy and makes the entire process cost-effective.