Are you looking for a rechargeable Lantern? Do you find it overwhelming to see thousands of websites claiming their LED lanterns to be the best?
If the confusion is taking over you, I am here to help. I will make your search easy and confusion-free.
But I want you to answer one question. Do you really need a rechargeable lantern? Or are you just following the crowd? Let me make it clear, both rechargeable and non-rechargeable have their advantages and disadvantages. Both perfectly fit into areas they are supposed to be used.
Having said that, let’s find out your next rechargeable lantern.
Why Do You Need a Rechargeable Lantern?
Before you even start searching for your lantern you have to first determine the purpose of the lantern. Why do you need it? Either you need it for home use or outdoor activities. For home use such as decoration, lawn partying, etc., a lantern with a lumen of 100 to 150 will do the work.
But, if you plan on using the lantern for your upcoming camping trip, the higher the lumen the better. But keep in mind that higher lumen lanterns tend to drain the battery faster.
These are a few features that you should look for in a rechargeable lantern for your next camping and hiking trip.
- Lightweight - Compared to alkaline batteries, Li-ion battery batteries tend to be heavier. But compared to the traditional gas lantern, they are light as a feather.
Unlike the traditional gas lantern, modern lanterns are made of lightweight metal and plastics. A lightweight lantern can easily be adjusted in your backpack without adding much weight.
- User-Friendly - Have to ever see an old-style lantern? An old-school lantern needs gas, and the gas should be pressurized, and then using the knob protruding you have to adjust the wick, and hence the flame size. Sometimes, you have to double or triple pressurize the lantern gas chamber if the wick doesn’t catch fire. Today’s kids might think, what a time-waster. But that’s what we used to use in the old days.
Okay, back to the topic, your camping lantern should be user-friendly, meaning, it should have an on/off switch and a knob to dim the light or even change colors if it has a changing color feature.
- Light Intensity - Look for lanterns that give enough light to see clearly. Too much light can blind you and everyone instead of giving you clear visibility.
Lantern brightness anywhere from 250 to 600 is usually enough for champing. If possible try getting a lantern with multiple brightness levels and color modes so that you can adjust the lighting as per your need.
- Charging - Choose a lantern that can be charged in less time and can give more output. Also, it should be able to charge with a power bank and power outlet, solar panels are optional.
- Durability and Weather Proof - Whether you plan to use your lantern for camping or home use. Make sure they can take falls from at least 0.5 meters, make sure they are waterproof, and make sure they can withstand harsh climatic conditions.
These were features that an ideal lantern should have. But searching for a lantern that has all these properties could be time consuming if you don’t know where to look for it.
Let me make your search easy.
O Lantern Classic 2 Pro - Rechargeable Lantern by OLight
If you are into flashlights, I am sure you have probably heard about Olight. Olight is a manufacturer of all Olight products. They have thousands of flashlights, and lanterns in the line. They produce some of the highest quality flashlights and lanterns in the market.
What’s so special about O Lantern 2 Classic Pro?
O Lantern 2 Pro is a modern Olight-tech rechargeable LED lantern that has a stylish look. Anyone who is fascinated by old-style lanterns will love the appearance of this product.
Let’s look at some of the features this classic-looking lantern has to offer.
- Stepless Dimming Ambient Light - As I mentioned earlier, a lantern whether it be rechargeable or non-rechargeable should have a knob that can dim the light. O Lantern 2 Classic Pro gives you the option to dim the light to as low as 10 lumens and as high as 300 lumens. It also gives you the option to choose between white light and orange light.
- Battery and Runtime - This masterpiece lantern is run by a built-in 11200mAh that can be fully charged in only 4 hours. You get two charging options, one with a popular USB-C charging cable and two with an OLight MCC chagrin cable.
A fully charged battery can last up to 7.5 days in a low-light mode. One more notable feature this lantern has is the reverse charging option. It has 2 output interfaces (USB-C & USB-A) that supports mobile phone charging, a small fan, and small speaker charging.
- Power and Charging Indicator - Other than reverse charging, it also has a power and charging indicator that gives you real-time power level indication.
- Durability - O Lantern 2 Classic Pro is made of metal and high-quality plastic, it won’t break that easily. It has an IPX5 rating and can take falls from a height of 0.8m,
- Wide Application: The lantern can be used in the yard, tent, ambient lighting, power outage emergency lighting, as a night light, or as a party decoration.
Now, you tell me! Why is not O Lantern 2 Classic Pro the best rechargeable lantern for home use and camping? We talk about what you should look at when buying a rechargeable lantern at the start of this article. This classic-style lantern has all the components that make a perfect lantern.
Why Should You Use O Lantern 2 Classic Pro for Camping?
You have got all the reasons why you should use O Lantern Classic 2 Pro but what makes it special for camping.
- Offer Better Visibility - Compared to other lanterns, O Lantern Classic 2 Pro offers better visibility. You will be able to see everything around your campsite because it spreads light in 360 degrees rather than a targeted beam.
- Lanterns Last Longer - Compared to flashlights, lanterns last longer. And with O Lantern Classic 2 Pro you get extra protection because they are constructed with a tough exterior.
How do I use a Camping Lantern?
While, it's up to you, how you want to use it. There are different ways to use a lantern. But I recommend hanging somewhere at head level, like a tree if you're using it for camping or a door if you’re using it at home.
When you hang the lantern above or at the head level you drastically reduce the chance of knocking it over accidentally.
Light Up the Way
Whether you buy the O Lantern Classic 2 Pro or any other lantern, you know what to look for. Don’t let the endless loophole of the search engine result page get you stuck.
Decide why you need a lantern, and then look for the features that I mention at the beginning of this article. Don’t just buy a product that has a good rating, instead find out what makes a lantern a good lantern.
I am not insisting you buy the O Lantern Classic 2 Pro but if you’re fed up with wasting time and energy searching for the best product. I suggest you the O Lantern Classic 2 Pro. Olight is a brand that most campers, hikers, and trekkers are talking about. Why don’t you give it a try?