You might want to record your screen activity on your computer for many reasons. Maybe you're a reporter or YouTuber who needs to take video footage of a tutorial or presentation for use on your channel, or you're working on a project and need to capture everything as it happens in one go. Whatever the case, here is a guide to the two most popular types of screen recording: online and desktop!
Free Video Recording Software
If you're looking to capture video of your screen, a few different options are available. Desktop screen recording software like App Screen Recorder allows you to record your screen or you also can do screen capture as it appears on your desktop. This is great for capturing videos of yourself working on a project or taking notes during a class.
Online screen recording services, like Screen Recorder, offer a different type of experience. With Screen Recorder, you don't need to install software on your computer. Instead, all you need is an internet connection and a webcam. This means you can capture by using an online screen video recorder anything happening on your computer - including videos of online meetings or webinars.
Whatever option you choose, read the instructions carefully before starting to record because it will help you get the more brief details about the software, and you will be a type of screen recorder.
Screen Recording Windows
There is a lot of debate between online screen recording and desktop screen recording. This blog post will compare and contrast the two technologies to help you decide which one is right for you.
Who's Better Online vs. Desktop Screen Recorder?
Desktop screen recorder for windows with microphone screen recording is still the gold standard for video capture. With a high-quality mic and advanced software, you can get a great video of your desktop that looks fantastic in any video editor. However, online screen recording is growing in popularity for a few reasons.
- Easy to use: Login to Recorder and start recording
- No need for hardware: all you need is an internet connection and a webcam/microphone
- The broad range of platforms: works on both Windows and Macs
- Can be edited later in software: most recorders have built-in editing tools.
- Can be shared online: most recorders allow you to share your recordings online easily.
- Limited storage space: most recorders only store recordings for a limited time
- Not as high quality as desktop recordings: due to the lack of quality hardware used for online screen recording, recordings tend to be lower quality than those made with a desktop recorder
- More expensive than desktop recordings: online screen recorder are more expensive than desktop screen recorders
- desktop screen recording:
- Requires dedicated hardware: a computer with a webcam and microphone is required
- Higher quality than online recordings: due to the higher quality of the equipment used for desktop screen