Your greatest heating alternative might be to install a heat pump. It is economical, efficient, and very aesthetic, and as if that were not enough, it is the most sustainable of the current options in the heating and air conditioning market. That is why heat pumps have been used more and more, and research predicts a significant future increase to meet the commitments to reduce polluting emissions.
Heat pump, and how does it work?
To understand the great advantages of heat pump heating, it is best to be familiar with what it is and learn the essential operation of this new equipment.
What is heat pump heating?
Typically, heat pump heating combines all the possibilities in the same unit, which will generate heating in the winter, air conditioning in the summer, and domestic hot water throughout the year, all done in a sustainable way and without emissions of CO2. A pump capable of raising (heating) or lowering (air conditioning) the temperature as needed is called heat and cold pump.
One of the cleanest and most effective heating systems to install is the heat pump. All are done sustainably, at the lowest possible cost, and without environmental damage.
Heat pump: operation
Heat pump heating works using a brilliant aerothermal principle: transporting the heat contained in the air, water, or soil from one place to another. And since these are usually unlimited, free, clean, and always renewable energy sources, the heat pump is one of the most effective and least polluting means of heating invented to date.
If the Amalo heat pump is in heating mode, it takes care of heating the refrigerant substance through the compressor to transform it into steam with high temperature and pressure. On the other hand, On the other hand, this steam transfers the heat to the space you want to air-condition with heating. After this, the refrigerant fluid decompresses, loses its temperature and pressure, and starts the cycle again.
Where should my heat pump be located?
As per Martin Thorborg one of the specialists in heat pump, it should mounted outside in a well-ventilated space for optimal performance. It is connected to the filter circuit through a by-pass after the filter and ahead of any potential treatment system.
• It's crucial not to enclose the heat pump and to leave a minimum of 50 cm of well-ventilated space behind it.
• It's crucial to leave at least 4 meters of space in front of the fan grill.
• Because the air returned by the heat pump is chilly and dry, avoid pointing the fan discharge in the direction of a frequently used place (terrace, solarium, etc.).
• To prevent heat loss between the heat pump and the pool, keep the heat pump no closer than 7 meters from the pool (for small spaces, there are vertical flow heat pumps).
When should the heat pump be turned on?
If the weather is consistent with seasonal norms, turn on your heat pump around mid-April or early May. It should be mentioned that if the outside temperature rises over 15 °C, the efficiency of a heat pump becomes important. The heat pump will frequently operate in defrost mode below this temperature with its integrated automated mechanism. Even if it is above 0°C, the heat pump system will freeze more readily the lower the ambient temperature.
On the other hand, leave your heat pump running continuously at the start of the season until the ideal temperature is reached. Then, let your heat pump operate simultaneously with the filtration system. Ideally, this should happen during the day when it is hotter to extract heat from the air. It only activates when necessary to maintain the warmth lost on cool evenings.
One bit of advice for a pool heat pump: cover your pool (bubble blanket, cover, etc.) at night, on chilly days, or during strong winds to prevent heat and water loss through evaporation. The nighttime protection of the body of water is considered in the manufacturer's data when selecting a heat pump.
Water condensation in the heat pump
It is normal for heat pumps to release condensed water. You may think that the
heat pump leaks, but it is water produced by condensation during operation; it is natural and unavoidable. Test the water in your heat pump's bottom if you're unsure. On the other hand, if there is no chlorine present, condensation is actually what is happening.
Conclusion: Heat pumps are equipment that generates heating by using the energy contained in the air and in other media such as water and soil. Although they are equipment that works with electricity, their consumption in this sense is minimal. Only 25% of its operation is based on electrical energy, while the other 75% is based on extracting free energy found in the environment.