Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) also known as Aluminium Composite Panel (ACP) is a building material that is commonly used as a lining to external walls. The Aluminium Composite Material has an aluminium sheet at the front and back and a central core material. The ACM is typically 5-6 mm thick.
ACM, the world's largest educational and scientific computing society, delivers resources worldwide that advance computing in the field of science & in other professions.
ACM provides the computing field's premier Digital Library and serves its members and the computing profession with leading-edge publications, conferences, and career resources.
ACM panel is also known as sandwiched panel as it consists of tri layers. A sandwich panel is any structure made of three layers: a low-density core, and a thin skin-layer bonded to each side. Sandwich panels are used in applications where a combination of high structural rigidity and low weight is required.
The basic properties of ACM panels are available in several colors, metallic finishes, and thicknesses. This material is rigid, yet lightweight, easy to machine, fabricate, and bond. It also offers good dimensional stability.
Tri layer technology provides multiple thicknesses of ACM available: 3mm, 4mm, and 6mm. aluminum skins. in the architectural market. The 4mm ACM panel is by far the most commonly used thickness in the Metal Composite Material industry and has been the product of choice in specifications since its invention. Its magnetic effect element has a magnetic receptive surface optimized for flatbed digital printing.
Alcoa Architectural Products is a business unit of Alcoa, the aluminum world leader. AAP operates two manufacturing facilities in Eastman, Georgia, USA, and Merxheim, France.
ACM PANEL FLEXIBILITY
ACM's ability to be routed and returned or roll-formed after graphics are applied makes it a very flexible material. ACM is intended for long-term signage and is suitable for interior and exterior applications that require lightweight and durable fabricated material.
The size of normally ACM panels are available in 2440mm x 1220mm.
ACM also has a panel with an alucodigital surface for direct digital printing too available. Available in gloss, however black or white is also available in matte. Available in 2440 x 1220mm sheet sizes or cut to size.
Aluminum composite panels have outstanding durability and rigidness, which is not easy to find in any other composite elements. The structural properties of ACM panels, particularly the core element, are the reason that ACM panels have excellent durability.
ACM VOLUNTEER LEADERS
ACM is a volunteer-driven organization. The volunteer leaders choose the directions for ACM and oversee many activities and initiatives.
- ACM’s elected officers have overall responsibility for ACM.
- ACM Council members function as our board of directors.
- ACM’s Board and Council Chairs are responsible for particular types of services and initiatives.
- ACM’s Special Interest Group Governing Board oversees the activities of the interest groups that manage most of our conferences and special projects.
- ACM Regional Council Leaders oversee our activities in other parts of the globe.
Aluminum composite material (ACM) is a three-layer composite sheet with plastic as the core layer and aluminum on both sides, and the ornamental surface of the product is covered with decorative and protective coating.
ACM panels are waterproofed. The panels are typically available in a polyethylene (PE) or fire-retardant (FR) core. Aluminum honeycomb core panels are constructed of two sheets of aluminum bonded to an aluminum honeycomb core. ACM panels are non-absorbent, water-resistant and simple to maintain.
ACM is perfect for use on interior walls, columns, ceilings and partitions. It is excellent in flatness and workability, and enables a significant weight reduction and simplifies panel installation.
Factory direct sale 1000 series to 8000 series aluminum coil and sheet, competitive price.
Mainly products of ACM panels are curtain walls, door jamb, cladding system, aluminum composite, wall panels, wall cladding, facade, rain screen cladding, sheet metal, insulation, acp sheet, coping and metal panels.
COST OF PANELS
Fabricated ACM typically ranges anywhere from $15-‐$35 per SF of coverage area in the majority of situations.
The vast range in cost can be contributed to the many fabricators and their unique engineered systems, color selections, paint finishes, architectural design, orientation, thickness and type of plank material.
There are numerous advantages of using aluminum composite material:
- Weather and Temperature Resistance.( The first advantage of ACM is their durability in extreme weather and temperatures.).
- Low Maintenance.
- Easy Installation.
- High Functionality.
To enhance the professional career or academic life with ACM member benefits that include a free subscription to ACM's flagship publication Communications of the ACM; there are availability of online books, courses, videos, and webinars through the ACM Learning Center; much opportunities to participate in local chapters or any other special Interest groups.
- The aluminum composite panel should be stored or installed in a dry and ventilated place,avoid water accumulation, and the ambient temperature should not be higher than 70℃. Avoid installation in harsh environments such as smoke, dust, wind and sand, radiation, harmful gases, and chemical environments.
- During transportation or storage, the aluminium composite panel must be laid flat. During the lifting process, you must lift the four sides of the panel at the same time. Do not drag the board on one side to avoid scratching the surface of the board.
- When grooving, you should use a round head or a V-shaped flat-head saw blade or milling cutter of ≥90 degrees for grooving, and a 0.2-0.3mm thick plastic core board must be bent together with the panel to increase strength and toughness and prevent Aluminum flake hydrogenation. Too sharp corners or cutting damage to the aluminum panel or too thick plastic left will cause the aluminum panel to break or the paint film to burst during bending.
Leave a Reply