No matter how promising the name is, a dryer cannot be thoroughly dried and can never perfectly dry your clothes each time. You will find your clothes damp even after you have dried them entirely in the dryer.
While doing its job of drying your clothes, have you noticed that the dryer itself is becoming super-hot? If that’s how it is drying your clothes, then it may be time to clean out your drying ducts before the dryer meets its end.
Cleaning the dryer vent duct is very important for its longevity and your clothes. Over the months and years, the lint can accumulate in these ducts and get mixed with air/ignite. This can further fume a fire hazard. So, in order to stay careful of such life-threatening accidents, it is quite necessary to get dryer duct cleaning in Pasadena.
How Often I Need to Clear Dryer Vent Duct
Let’s get back to business. If you ever notice a burning stench in your laundry room or see your dryer running super-hot, then this might be the indication that you should get it cleaned as soon as possible.
Regardless of how new or smooth your dryer is working so far, you need to prioritize its dryer vent cleaning at least once a year.
Here are some of the signs showing that it is the high time to clean your dryer vent duct as soon as possible.
- Clothes take a super long time to dry within the dryer.
- Clothes and dryer exterior are turning extremely hot during the process.
- Debris and dust are found around the dryer hose.
- The vent hood flap is not opened properly or is stuck at place.
- The dryer extension has not been inspected for more than a year.
- A strange burn-like smell starts coming from clothes.
- The laundry area feels excessively hot when the dryer is running.
If you find any of these signs while doing the laundry, then make sure to connect with any service provider, like dryer vent cleaning in Baltimore, and get your dryer extension checked by professionals.
How Dryer Vent Duct Is Cleaned
Dryer vent cleaning is not only limited to removing dirt from the filter. There are several things that need to be cleaned during the process. Check out the process below how the dryer vent duct is cleaned.
- Inspection of the dryer vent opening is done thoroughly. It involves completely scanning the duct outside from the dryer extension.
- Next up is to clear the obstacles, which include debris, leaves, dust, hair, animal waste, and fur that have accumulated on the outside. Since they do not allow the drying process to go in a flow, thus they are removed.
- Lint and other materials gathered on the dryer vent are removed.
- The dryer is cleaned from the back.
- The last step is to clean the dryer lint trap and drum so that there is no more debris to deal with in the future.
If you are cleaning the vent duct on your own, it is important to figure out whether the clothes dryer runs on gas or electric power. Take all the safety precautions first and then proceed or ask a specialist to do the job for you.
How Regular Dryer Vent Cleaning Can Help You
There are multiple benefits that you gain while cleaning your dryer vent duct. Let’s put some of them here;
- Cleaning the dryer vent duct helps improve its efficiency, lowering power consumption. It can help you save up to 30% on energy bills.
- Once you start cleaning your dryer regularly, it will not get overheated or clogged. This will result in reduced maintenance costs.
- The risk of fire is reduced when you clean your dryer vent regularly.
How Can You Keep Your Dryer Vent Duct Clean
Follow the mentioned tips to keep your dryer vent duct super clean throughout the years.
- Use liquid fabric softener instead of dryer sheets.
- Replace the flexible vent pipe with a solid vent pipe.
- Keep the dryer closer to the outer wall.
- Allow the dryer to cool for at least 15-20 minutes between the loads.
By following these tips, you can enhance the longevity and efficiency of your dryer extension, and it will go a long way without any fluctuations.
Choose Complete Chimney for Fireplace Installation
If you are looking for an ideal service to get fireplace installation at your home, then Complete Chimneys Fireplaces & Grills is your one-stop solution. You can reach out to them and get all those services for your chimneys, fireplaces, and stoves that they need for maintenance and repair.
The cleaning of the dryer heavily relies on family size, the presence of pets, and the type of laundry. If more loads of clothes need to be washed everyday then you may have to get your dryer vent duct clean a couple of times in a year. But don’t worry, it’s for your good and safety. Follow this guide, and you’ll soon be able to clean up your dryer vent on your own!