Slip and fall accidents are a term that means when a person trips and falls on someone else's premises or property. In this case, the liability arises. The owner of the premise where the person falls becomes liable for compensation. Many dangerous conditions, such as wet stairs, torn carpets, broken walls, cracked sidewalks, etc., can cause a person to trip and fall. Even natural calamities such as rain, storm, and snow can cause slip and fall. In this case, the victim must have sustained injuries, minor or major. To claim the compensation, one can hire Thomasville personal injury attorney to look into the legal matters.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents:
1. Uneven walking surfaces: Most common cause of such accidents is uneven walking space. Recently mopped floors, torn carpet, tiled floors, potholes, wet roads, etc., are examples of uneven surfaces. While trying to walk on such surfaces, people lose the friction and fall and get injured.
2. Loose wires: Many times on the road or even in the house, it is seen that electrical wires or cords are unsecured. While walking, people tend to stumble and trip, and fall. Cords and cables should be properly secured to prevent such falling.
3. Natural hazards: Most importantly, natural calamities such as rain, snow, and storm can cause slip and fall accidents. Due to excessive rain, lots of algae comes to the surface of the road or walking path. It makes the path slippery, causing falls.
4. Obstruction in viewing: Poor lighting and keeping lots of loads in a walking way can cause obstructions in viewing the road properly. As a result, while walking, people slip and fall and get injured.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
1. Consult a medical expert and get your injuries healed. The doctor will also give you the document that you are injured, which will become primary evidence for claiming compensation.
2. Report the details of the accident to the police and the management where you fall. Keep a copy of the report with you for future reference.
3. Take photographs of the area you fell and obstructions that made you slip and fall. Moreover, the photographs of the bruises, injuries, or wounds you sustained shall be taken for further reference.
4. Meet and consult a specialized lawyer to get compensation and ease the legal procedure. You can click URL here to hire one of the best attorney.
Natural and humanitarian reasons can cause slip and fall accidents. A little carefulness can prevent such accidents. Be careful while walking. If it happens, take the necessary steps as needed.
Leave a Reply