A hot water system is an essential appliance for regions experiencing bone-chilling cold. However, the system's durability depends on multiple factors that may impact its lasting ability. Usually, a hot water system lasts for about 8 - 12 years with perfect maintenance and upkeep. You have to keep certain factors in mind to maintain the durability of gas-hot water systems.
In this article, you will know about the factors directly affecting its durability with efforts to extend the lifespan of your hot water system.
- System quality - You should consider the best brand available in the market to ensure providing the best system quality. The hot water system usually gets damaged by the collection of water in the water tank which results in corrosion. It is best to invest in system quality and purchase after a proper check of the system quality.
- Tank material - The material of the tank decides the durability or long-lasting ability of the hot water system. You should be able to protect it against corrosion for a long efficient time that can assure proper functioning.
- Hot water system type - Most of the time, the durability of the hot water system also depends on its type and suitability at your residence. You should find that it is a gas, electric or solar-based hot water system. Hot water system life expectancy largely depends on the tank storage corrosion over time due to water collection for a long time.
- Water quality - Water quality is an important factor that affects the longevity or durability of a hot water system. You should check that the water quality that you are using is normal and not hard water with impurities present in it.
You should install a hot water system in your house according to the members and times of usage. More usage results in decreasing the quality and effectiveness of the system. Many people also use it for frequent household chores like washing clothes, washing utensils and other tasks.
- Extend the lifespan of your hot water system
More efforts from the house owners lead to extending the hot water system lifespan. It requires timely inspection, maintenance and repair to avoid any expensive repair or replacement of the system.
- Provide some space for your hot water system
You should install the system in a free bigger space in your bathroom. There should be enough space that allows airflow to minimise the risk of fire accidents. It is best to keep the cleaning products away from the system or the surrounding area. You will observe the difference in the efficiency or functioning of the heater with simple steps. Extra space creates ease in conducting routine maintenance checks or gas hot water system repairs.
- Install insulation
You can extend the life of a hot water system through insulation installation. It can be done around the pipes and heater to eradicate the problem of forming condensation, especially during the summer season.
- Keep a check on the system temperature
It is suggested to keep a particular check on the system temperature. You should not leave the system on and depend on the automatic turn-off feature. It leads to a decrease in the life of your hot water system. You should turn off the heater immediately after its use.
You should install a water softener to allow only soft water into the storage tank. It extends the life of your hot water system.
- Hire a professional for service and maintenance
Always hire a professional for regular checks or inspections of the hot water system or heater. The professionals can extend the life of your system through timely hot water system maintenance.