There is a huge demand for bookmatched live edge slabs thanks to the natural perfection and symmetry that these slabs provide. It is hard to find a piece of furniture that has a similar aesthetic appeal and visual beauty that book matched live edge slabs Indiana have.
This new trend of bookmatching is taking the high-end decorating market by storm. These furniture pieces show off the true natural beauty and look like an art display. Ever since it has become popular, more and more people want to know more about it and decorate their homes with bookmatched live edge furniture.
What is a Bookmatched Live Edge Slab?
Bookmatching live edge slabs is the process of joining multiple slabs that have similar patterns and thicknesses. Closely matched two or more slabs are glued together to make one furniture piece. It is done by cutting slabs from the same log to create a visually appealing and mirror image of each other.
The term 'bookmatch' means joining wood or stone surfaces similar in appearance to give the impression of an opened book. It is achieved by matching the grain pattern of the wood so that the adjoined slabs seem to be a mirror image of each other.
The beauty of this practice is that the adjoining slabs do not have to look exactly the same. However, the more closely matched these slabs are, the more breathtaking the outcome will be.
Why is Bookmatching done?
Bookmatching is not only done for wood or live edge slabs but stone surfaces as well. Some people simply like the uniqueness and natural perfection of such furniture pieces.
While others opt for bookmatching to increase the width of the furniture pieces. More slabs are added to the tables and furniture pieces to make them fit for larger projects.
Benefits of Bookmatching Live Edge Wood Slab
Here are some notable benefits of bookmatching live edge wood slabs.
- Aesthetic Appeal - Bookmatched live edge wood slabs take the aesthetic of the decor to a whole new level. Design professionals use this technique to create breathtaking patterns with nearly identical slabs.
- Inexpensive - It most definitely costs less than buying larger live edge wood slabs. Instead, an individual can buy two similar slabs and glue them together.
- Increase the Size - A person can increase the width of the existing table by adding a closely matched slab to make it useful for larger projects.
- Durable - Bookmatched slabs have a durable finish, therefore are stronger, last longer, and less prone to warp, unlike single-slab tables and furniture.
Drawbacks of Bookmatching Live Edge Wood Slab
- Visible Joints - Even if done correctly, the point or joint where the two slabs are glued together is visible when a person looks closely.
- Prone to Splitting - With time, the pieces may split apart if not glued together properly.
- More Tools Required - It requires more special tools and work to make a table or a piece of furniture by bookmatching live edge wood slab.
Lastly, consult professionals to know the estimated cost of bookmatching and gather necessary information related to the process.
Leave a Reply