Caviar tasting is often done without the use of drinks or treats. But sometimes such additions help to reveal a new bouquet of flavors and emphasize taste characteristics. For another experiment with the delicacy, it's worth checking out the Bester Caviar's recommendations for successful combinations with caviar in Miami.
What beverage to choose for caviar
Preparing for the tasting takes some time, because the gourmet needs to decide on the way of treating the exquisite product. Different combinations of caviar and wine often attract attention. To make the choice a little easier, it is worth getting acquainted with popular options for drinks.
Obvious combinations are not the only outcome of a successful tasting. Of course, there are drinks that are forbidden, because they do not allow you to enjoy the oily flavor bouquet in full. But it is worth engaging the imagination and diversify the usual range.
White dry wine
None of the other options are as popular, so dry wine is the best white wine for caviar. By choosing it, you can enjoy tasting and savoring caviar. The secret of popularity lies in the fact that a drink with high acidity does not overpower the impression of taste of a quality delicacy.
If you're still not sure which wine deserves attention, you should focus on:
- Chablis. Expert gourmets recommend choosing this drink for several reasons. The high acidity, medium body and pronounced citrus flavor will reveal the delights of not only beluga caviar, but also other sturgeon.
- Chenin Blanc. This variant is no less in demand, as the taste of the drink is able to emphasize the bouquet of buttery caviar. Notes of tropical fruits have a positive effect on the experience.
- Riesling. Citrus notes, mineral persistent aftertaste and high acidity make this drink an obvious choice if you have seafood for dinner.
The listed drinks will always come in handy when there are caviar appetizers on the table. Creating a feast for the taste buds, it is worth listening to the opinion of experienced gourmets and use their advice.
The classic combination of champagne and caviar is not surprising, since this combination is used more often than others. Thanks to its unique flavor characteristics, it is possible to enjoy the taste. But only the following French wines should be considered when choosing a drink:
- Dom Pérignon. This elite dry drink is a classic wine pairings, which are in demand. The wine is able to emphasize the refined bouquet.
- Prosecco. Sour and fizzy drink competes with the above options. The wine is ideal for seafood.
- Cava. Sturgeon caviar combines perfectly with the drink, and the presence of notes of apples and citrus fruits allows you to reveal the unique taste of the delicacy again.
Sparkling wines with a slight aftertaste don't overpower the oiliness of caviar, so they seem to be the perfect choice. If you're not ready to experiment, it's worth considering this drink for an upcoming tasting.
Gourmets are not always happy about this combination, because the impression depends on whether the choice was the right one. The search for red wine with caviar should begin by examining offers with a light flavor and low strength. If the choice was made incorrectly, you will immediately feel it.
It is quite easy to choose the best wine for caviar if you have some knowledge. The excessive sugar, high strength and pronounced taste are not the best tasting companions. You should give preference to wines that have a light flavor and high acidity. Notes of citrus or tropical fruits will allow you to reveal the delicacy again and get a pleasure that had a different shade.
Leave a Reply