Korean skincare, Japanese skincare and Chinese skincare products have a variety of trends. From natural products that contain no artificial smells (e.g. Hada Labo) to Korean red ginseng products that are based on famous Korean Red Ginseng. In this article we will discuss major trends inside the Asian skincare.
What are the major trends in Asian Skincare?
Asian skincare trends are driven by consumer demand.
Consumers are seeking more natural, healthier and less commercial products.
They also want to see more products for younger people. Consumers also want more affordable and accessible products.
Asian skincare companies are trying to meet this demand with more natural, organic and cruelty-free products.
Examples of brand names behind the trends
Some of the most prominent brands on the market include already well-known companies, as well as companies that are just getting their fair share of fame:
- Donginbi - one of the most famous Korean skincare brands based on the world-renowned Korean red ginseng by CheongKwanJang. This brand offers a number of lines each suitable for skin with different needs. More information is available on the official website in Canada.
- Hada Labo - is one of the examples of the iconic J-beauty brands with a huge number of fans. Some of the major trends that Hada Labo is behind are sustainability (offers refills, special bio-degradable packaging etc.)
- Dr. Ceuracle - another example of how beauty can be clever. One of the main concepts behind the brand is bringing advanced treatments for people to use at home.
- Sulwhasoo - another K-beuty brand on the list. Known for it’s wholistic approach to skincare products and the perfectly smooth feel of their products.
- Sery Box - a whole different approach to beauty - inner beauty. Sery Box offers a number of supplements designed to help reduce body fat, help with weight loss and provide other benefits for your body.
One of the major trends in Asian skincare is the increase in the popularity of Asian minerals and antioxidants.
For example, shop-filing favorite Etude House creates products with gem-like ingredients like coralin and l-carnitine. Another trend in Asian skincare is the rise of organic and plant-based skincare. For example, Ecolab has organic rice and sesame oil skincare products.
Prominent & Promising Asian Skincare Stores in Canada
These are the top Asian skincare retailers we have listed in order of popularity.
We have included links to the stores so you can shop for Asian skincare products online if you want to save money. If you are looking for quality products at affordable prices, this is a list of some of the best Asian skincare stores in Canada.
Canada has an impressive number of Asian skincare retailers. Here are some of the best ones to shop from:
- Sephora - a general beauty retailer that carries some Asian skincare products.
- Holt Renfrew - while not a skincare store, offers some of the most prominent brands like Sulwhasoo.
- Welloona - the destination for Asian skincare - Korean Skincare Canada, J-beauty and C-beauty products. The store offers a variety of all-time favourite brands including Dr.Ceuracle and Sulwhasoo, as well as Banila Co., Perfect Diary and more.
- Korean Ginseng Canada - last, but not least, KGC Canada - the official distributor of Donginbi products in Canada. KGC offers good deals on the
What are the major trends in Asian skincare?
According to experts, the most important trend in Asian skincare is the aging process. Everyone is ageing and skin types are expected to change with time, therefore, there is an increased demand for products that can help with skin texture and skin compliance.
The second major trend in Asian skincare is the demand for more affordable and accessible products.
This is motivated by the fact that people are spending more money on luxury goods and services and want affordable skincare products too. What are the examples of brand names behind the trends?
The main brands that popularized Asian skincare in the West are Etude House, Innisfree, The Face Shop, Proactiv, Hada Labo and philosophy. The last but not least, the main products that Asian skincare companies source from are skincare products and skin care products.
How Asian skincare trends are similar to other regions?
There are many similarities between Asian and Western skincare trends. For example, many Asian skincare products contain antioxidants, herbal extracts and minerals. As well as Vitamin C, E, K2 and more.
What are the differences between the Asian skincare trends and other regions?
There are also many differences between Asian and Western skincare trends.
For example, in Asia there is greater focus on skin texture and color.
Asian skincare brands also focus more on skin hydration rather than cleansing, which is unique to Western skincare brands.