During construction and renovations, keeping the dust, debris, contaminants, odor, and other mess contained, preserving the workspace flow, and maintaining a professional look can be a tough challenge. To overcome this challenge, temporary construction walls are used to separate a construction project that produces dust, debris, contaminants, and odor from the rest of business operations.
While temporary suspended ceilings would capture falling roofing debris and dust, during a re-roofing project, temporary construction wall barriers would further create a dust and debris containment area. A temporary construction wall has several applications during concrete cutting, remodeling, scarifying and reflooring projects, tenant improvements, installation of new equipment, restoration, and reparation.
Installing temporary construction walls means installing the poly-engineered film from floor to ceiling, creating a studless wall with no framing. This protective envelope separates the workplace from the work zone, limiting the infiltration of dust and debris.
While this not only prevents dust and debris from spreading, a vertical partition or temporary construction wall also confines workers to their area, keeps employees safe, and prevents the spread of any unwanted contaminants or odors. There are many general benefits of installing temporary construction walls, which may be listed below.
Dust and Debris Containment
Dust and debris containment is of significant importance in construction or remodeling projects. Since dust can transport bacteria, it can pose serious health risks in any environment, especially in hospitals. When construction or renovation work is undertaken in a healthcare facility or any other building, dust control is crucial to protect the health and wellness of all patients, staff members, and visitors.
Without a proper containment system, dust, debris, and airborne particles can spread throughout the building. The temporary construction wall systems provide airtight containment, making them suitable for healthcare facilities or construction in any industry, such as restaurants, retail, telecom, data centers, academic institutions, and laboratories.
Dust control should be a top priority during any construction project, and with the use of temporary construction wall systems, dust and airborne particles are contained effectively.
Minimize Disruptions in Day-to-Day Business
There are facilities such as hospitals providing essential services that cannot be interrupted during renovations or remodeling. Even otherwise, clients do not wish to allow their daily business to be affected during construction projects, as shutdowns lead to tremendous losses.
In such cases, they must be able to continue the workflow with minimal disruptions. Installing drywall or other containment alternatives to hide the construction work is time-consuming and often a messy eye sore. Temporary interior protection systems can be customized to protect your particular environment without such hassles.
Helps You Meeting the Deadlines
It is a well-known fact that projects get prolonged due to errors in shipment, material delays, and other unexpected factors not in your control. At such times holding up a project just for the construction of a drywall can only lead to further delay.
With temporary construction walls or poly-engineered film, you can avoid the time-consuming installation of drywall or other alternatives. It can be installed within just a few hours rather than days.
Within Your Budget
Installing temporary construction walls or poly-engineered film is a budget-friendly option. It allows you to reduce the labor costs you might have incurred while constructing dry walls. There is no need for storage. It is a quick, easy, and cost-effective solution for containment.
Hence, installing temporary construction walls or poly-engineered film can be specialized to meet your unique project requirements, including doorways, tunnels, air filters, and any other custom request to minimize disruptions. Temporary doors for convenient access, decontamination rooms with sticky mats, and air scrubbing or filtration equipment can be provided based on the individual requirements of your project.
- It takes less time to install and remove.
- It saves installation labor costs and helps you begin the primary construction process sooner.
- It helps you avoid labor costs and time associated with drywall removal allowing for faster project completion.
- It helps you protect from drywall dust created from finishing walls during installation and no dust or debris created by the removal.
- It saves HVAC and general clean-up costs.
- It also improves worker safety.
- It reduces the liability and costs created by having to replace merchandise of adjacent businesses damaged by dust created when dry walls are installed or removed.
- It saves disposal costs since the system is 100% reusable, and dumpster and landfill fees normally associated with the destruction of dry walls are avoided.
- It allows more efficient repositioning and configuration of walls through various phases of the project.
- There is no need to destroy and completely rebuild additional barriers as the project moves through the construction phases.
- It reduces your construction project’s environmental impact as every 700 square feet of MSDW barrier walls results in approximately 1 ton of landfill debris.
- Employing a reusable system helps eliminate the energy, transportation, and other costs associated with drywall, studs, mud, and paint manufacturing.
- It eliminates storage and warehousing costs.
So, it is definitely in your client’s interest, and your own, to install temporary construction walls or poly-engineered film for a better project outcome.