Are you sick of looking at your dirty and unappealing fence?
If so, now is the time to act and pay your fence the respect it deserves!
Cleaning your fence is essential for maintaining your property's aesthetic appeal and guaranteeing that your fence will survive for many years.
In this article, we will explore the many types of fences and techniques to clean them according to their type to maintain them well.
Thus, we have you covered whether your wooden fence is coated with mould and mildew or your metal fence is rusty and faded. Let's get started!
Photo by Pixabay
Types Of Fences And Methods To Clean Them
People usually have several types of fences To clean them properly, I have mentioned some simple yet effective methods for your convenience to get the job done.
Metal fences are sturdy and long-lasting but may rust and corrode with time. These are some techniques for cleaning metal fences:
- Combine dishwashing detergent with warm water in a bucket until bubbles form on the surface.
- After this finishes, you may clean the fence by putting a cloth into the solution and gently wiping it down.
- Start from the top and proceed down to the bottom to avoid re-soiling the lower sections of the fence soon after cleaning them!
- Then, use the toothbrush to clean any ornamental, hard-to-reach areas of your fence.
- Scrub the fence with a wire brush to remove any rust or corrosion.
- Pressure washing is recommended to remove debris and dirt from the fence, so use a pressure washer in a low or medium setting.
Most homeowners choose wooden fencing. They are gorgeous and available in various forms to complement various surroundings. But when it comes to cleaning, you must apply appropriate methods.
- To remove dirt, filth, and other debris from the fence, use a pressure washer on a medium or high setting. Caution is required when using a pressure washer on wood since excessive pressure might cause damage.
- For mildew and mould stains, clean the fence with a stiff-bristled brush and soapy water.
- For washing wooden fences, "1 part bleach to 2 parts water" is a standard solution. However, you may also get wood-cleaning products at your local hardware shop.
- Afterwards, you will need to spray the fence with a hose.
Vinyl fences are a popular choice among Brisbane's contemporary houses since they are recognised as one of the finest fences on the market.
It is adaptable, weatherproof, and simple to clean. Despite these qualities, it tends to get soiled during the wet season and must be cleaned thoroughly. Here's how you can do so;
- To clean a vinyl fence, choose whether you will use a pail of soapy water, a vinyl cleaner solution, or a mix of the two.
- Now that you have your bucket of soapy water, you just need to soak your soft cloth rag with the water and gently wipe the fence's parts that need wiping.
- Just spray the portions of the fence that require cleaning with vinyl cleaning solution and wipe with a dry, soft cotton rag if you're using a spray bottle.
- After washing a section of the fence, rinse it with a hose pipe and allow it to dry naturally.
Chain Link Fences
Chain link fences are a popular option for commercial and industrial buildings. However, they may get soiled. These are several techniques for cleaning chain link fences:
- Use a pressure washer with a low or medium power setting to remove dirt and debris off the fence. Caution should be taken not to use excessive force since this might harm the metal.
- Moreover, Combine soapy water and scrape the fence with a brush. This approach effectively eliminates mould and dirt accumulation.
In conclusion, fence cleaning is crucial for maintaining the fence's look and durability. With various fence kinds and cleaning techniques available, selecting the most effective procedure for your fence is essential.
Using the tips and techniques described in this article, you can maintain your fence's aesthetic appeal and ensure it keeps serving its purpose for many years to come.
Moreover, fence cleaning companies can get your job done if you are having trouble maintaining their accordance with their type.
So, just Don't continue to ignore your fence; take action immediately and give it the care it deserves!
Leave a Reply