The world probably knows about Rishikesh. It is one of the best places to be at, if you are religiously or spiritually inclined. It is located amidst the foothills of the Himalayas. Known as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’, there is no better place apart from this city. The place is located close to market places, so that you can meet your daily needs. However, it is closer to nature as well. So, you can call it a smart amalgamation of the two. You can travel to Rishikesh by flight globally, the nearest airports being at Delhi and Dehradun.
The place is also connected by the road network, domestically. If you want to travel by train, you can get connections till Haridwar, from where you have to travel by car or bus. In the last decade, the place has become famous for yoga teacher training in rishikesh. Many people also call it the ‘Gateway to the Himalayas’.
Let us delve into the reasons why Rishikesh is the best place for your yoga teacher training.
Reasons Why Rishikesh Is The Best Place For Yoga
- Since times immemorial, the place has garnered a lot of fame and name for being the one stop destination for meditation and yoga. It is also regarded as a holy site, due to the presence of temples and monasteries nearby. You can go and visit temples like Shatrughan Mandir, Bharat Mandir, or Lakshman Mandir. You also have the option to visit the ashram which was set up by Swami Vivekananda. The mammoth suspension bridges, called Ram Jhula and Lakshman Jhula are also quite famous. The most fascinating part of the place, which draws crowds from far away is the Ganga Aarti, which takes place in the evening. It is a pilgrimage site for the very same reasons. Most people visit Haridwar and Rishikesh, together. You can choose it as the best spot for yoga teacher training in rishikesh, for the above reasons. However, that is not all.
- It is also a Yoga Retreat. You can stay at peace amidst the mighty Himalayas and the flowing Ganga. Schools like Vinyasa Yoga Academy offer retreat programs for one and all. The retreat courses are like a demo. You can attend these for 3 days, 7 days, or 14 days. Before you get yourself enrolled for a yoga course, you can test the water, by enrolling in one such short retreat course. In this program, you will get the chance to withdraw from the duties of your mundane life and concentrate on something bigger and better. Retreats often club resorts with the place. However, the ones at Rishikesh are purely ashrams. So, you get to experience yogic life, in the best way. The main aim of the retreats is to help yogis in deepening their practice. And, you can do it in the best manner possible. Most of the retreats focus on mind awareness building, apart from just physical asana practice.
- You can go to Rishikesh for spiritual practices at any time, during the year. The summers from May till July may be a bit hot, but the trees and greenery can lead to a cooling feeling. In December, the weather is quite pleasant as well. It can get down to 8-10 degrees Celsius as well. So, it is a great time for yoga activities that lead to heat generation. Furthermore, you can camp at the beach zones and also practice yoga there. You can head for yoga teacher training in rishikesh and learn about the ancient science, in its place where it was born.
- Highly revered yoga gurus are based at Rishikesh, and you should consider yourself lucky, for being able to join the courses under their tutelage. The teachers at the yoga schools have been residing in the region for decades. They know the place inside out. Moreover, you will find them getting lost in nature, while going about their daily chores. That says, how much they are devoted to yoga. You will gain real-time knowledge in yoga from the teachers at Rishikesh. The teachers are mostly RYT certified, and have been associated with yoga schools for a greater part of their career.
- The place exudes spiritual energy. It is due to the very reason that the city stands on the banks of the mighty Ganga. Ganga is like the mother to Indians. And, she has strong associations with Indian mythology. So, there is no better place for spiritual research than this. You will feel that energy in the air, the moment you step inside the city.
- The ashrams are set up, in a way, that you can lead the Sattvic way of life. You will be able to eat raw fruits, vegetables, and fresh juices daily. The amount of spices used in the dishes is extremely low. So, you will be able to generate fresh energy all through. Moreover, your body system will remain healthy throughout. You can concentrate on the higher goals of life. Moreover, you get to enjoy the basic necessities of life.
The Hub Of Yoga - Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh
Rishikesh is the hub of yoga, and you will find many ashrams there. For your yoga teacher training in rishikesh, it is always better to go for a school which is RYS certified from Yoga Alliance. The knowledge that you will get is based on traditional teachings. Additionally, you get a certification, which will help you to secure a job around the globe. The RYT certification is one of the most coveted certifications in the world. Vinyasa Yoga Academy is one such place, where you can get the best training.
So, without any delay, you should join the school. The learnings will help you decide on your future goals. You might even look for enlightenment, after going through the education. The mind will be rejuvenated, and you may just discover things within you, which you never noticed before. The school in Rishikesh, is where the future lies for all the yogis, in this date and time.